Whortleberry is one of our smaller cottages sleeping up to 4 people. It is situated in the bottom paddock next to Ling cottage and faces south. It sits beside a small larch copse which usually hosts a large number of wild birds.
Whortleberry cottage is named after the blue whortleberry which grows wild on Exmoor. There is a verandah ideal for sitting out on summer evenings (or even winter!) looking up at Exmoor’s famous Dark Sky.
Inside consists of a pine table with farmhouse chairs, a comfy dark blue sofa, with two TV chairs with wooden arms, plus a second pine table ideal for use as a desk . There are attractive bold blue checked curtains which add to the whortleberry theme. There is also a TV, video recorder and wood burning stove.
Full central heating and hot water produced by our eco friendly bio mass boiler fueled by wood grown on the farm.
The alcove kitchen is well equipped with original hand built pine units, with blue china and cook wear. It also has an electric oven, microwave and fridge.
- Second floor, two bedrooms both with twin beds
At the top of the wooden staircase there is a child safety gate. The beds have a pine frame, pine cupboards and bed side tables, with blue carpet. The ceilings are beamed which adds to the cosy atmosphere.
- Main floor, the shower room, has a tiled cubicle with quarry tiles on the floor, a loo and vanity basin with wooden flooring. There is also a heated towel rail
- Second floor, bathroom conisits of a loo, basin, heated towel rail, wall heater and lino flooring
Whortleberry Cottage Booking and Payments
Please examine availability and pricing for Whortleberry Cottage by using the availability calendar below — which will automatically link to our secure booking server to provide complete details.
1. Select month: to check availability for the cottage
2. Click a green grid cell and select the number of nights of your stay, number of adults, children and infants
3. Click the Book now button to add Options (cots, high chairs, dogs, horses) and to see the payment amount due
4. Click on the Place booking button to be taken to the Booking details page to complete the entry of guest names, contact details and payment method
5. Review Payment Options by clicking on the tab above
6. You may cancel the booking process at any time – no data will be preserved
- You may cancel the booking process at any time – no data will be preserved
- You may make a provisional booking without making an online payment – however one of the following two payments is due within 7 days of you making your booking:
- The Deposit for your booking is due if you make your booking 42 days in advance
- The Total rental fee is due if you make your booking less than 42 days in advance
- You may make secure online credit card payments for the amount due that will be indicated after clicking the Book now button (see Booking Step #3) and which will be either the…
- Deposit – if you are booking 42 days in advance, or the
- Total rental price – if you are booking less that 42 days in advance
- If you choose not to make an online payment at the time of booking you will be emailed immediately and presented with alternate payment methods.
Whortleberry Cottage Availability, Pricing and Online Booking Form